Creating graphics is an important part of any marketing campaign or website design. They can be used to show off a promotion or present data. However, they aren’t always that easy to make. Especially if you aren’t familiar with the Adobe Suite. Of course, there are really valuable classes that will teach you more about all of those programs. However, not everyone has time to take classes.
I’ve compiled a list of three free tools you can use online that will get close to the same things Photoshop can do, only a lot easier.
- Canva is hands down my favorite design tool. I know how to use Photoshop, but when I need a cute graphic for social media, Canva is the place I always turn. They have several pre-sized templates already made that are perfect for any social media platforms. They also have pre-made banners for you to personalize. All around, their premade content is great if you don’t feel like going through with creating something from scratch.
- That doesn’t mean that creating from scratch isn’t just as easy though. Canva is full of little designs and images you can put together to make something special for your post, campaign, or site. If you want to share the file and make it editable by anyone, it’s as easy as typing in an email address. That way, your whole team can work on something or you can share the design with a client.
- As for cost, Canva has some pretty great features that are free. I do think it’s worth bumping it up though to a paid version. You get so many more stickers and graphics to use. Not to mention, it’s only $12 a month. That’s definitely worth it for the convenience.
- Crello is another service very similar to Canva. They have great pre-made options ready for use. Crello and Canva are a great set to switch back and forth between. That way, you never run out of design ideas or options. Crello is another free option that can be greatly enhanced by the paid option but certainly isn’t necessarily. Especially if you are also using Canva.
- Removebg isn’t actually a full-service graphic creator like the other two are, but it’s just as useful if you aren’t a Photoshop wiz. This one simply removes the background off of photos. That may sound like a simple task, but if you’ve ever dabbled in it, you know it’s not as easy as it may seem. Removebg takes all the stress out of the task. Just upload your photo and then it takes the background out for you. Of course, it’s not always perfect, but it gives you the options to manually remove more or put some of the photo back. Sometimes, I find it best just to run the photo through the background remover twice. That tends to get all of the background removed.
Do you use any online design tools? Let us know your favorites. If you have any questions about creating designs for your website or social media, reach out to Nextfly today. We are happy to help you get on the right track for your digital life!