With so many social media platforms out there, it becomes difficult to keep tabs on everything! Due to this, business owners start asking the question “is this really worth it?”
I’m here to tell you it is!
In a recent report, the Social Media Examiner questioned 3000+ marketers, who provided very valuable insights about the effectiveness of social media on their company.
The results are the following:
- 89% increased brand exposure
- 75% increased traffic
- 61% generated leads
- 58% improved search rankings
- 47% reduced marketing expensive
- 43% improved sales
These are huge numbers! Which would not have been possible without a social media presence.
So yes, it is worth your time. The thing that you can focus on improving though – is how much time you spend on it.
Only 62 percent of marketers are using social media for 6 hours or more, 36 percent are using it for 11 or more hours weekly and only 17 percent for 20 hours or more.
To utilize your time effectively there are a few things you can do:
- Post/tweet in advance – Utilize a service such as Buffer or Hootesuite.
- Develop a content calendar – Have a meeting with your staff about what events or specials your company planned throughout the next few months. Develop content for those and schedule those posts out months in advance!
- Set up topic alerts – Save time looking for industry news by setting up Google alerts for specific topics.
Hope these tips help! If you have any questions – feel free to reach out at 317-219-3111.