Developing a website is a time consuming process. You spend months with a designer talking about how you want your website to look and function, gather all the content you want and then work on formatting it to look good with your new website design.
Next thing you know, your website is live for all your clients and customers to see.
Months later you stop by your website and see that it’s the exact same. Images haven’t changed and no new content has been written – your website has gone stale.
Just like tax audits for your business, it’s also important to do website audits. How can you do this? We have some tips for you.
Look at your Google Analytics.
Your Google Analytics will show you what pages on your website are performing better than others and what pages you can get rid of completely. Look through your analytics and come up with a game plan. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Should I add more content to it to make it more enjoyable to read?
- Should I move the page’s location on the website so it’s easier for customers to find?
- Should I delete the page off the website completely?
Scrub through all your website pages
Head through the back end of the site and look at each page. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are there product or services that you use to offer that you don’t anymore? Update or delete them.
- Are there dead links? Remove them.
- Are there out-of-date pictures? Swap them with new ones.
- Is your content current? Edit it.
Make sure you have website content that is up-to-date with all your business’ current offerings. As an example, look at medical facilities. There are frequent new discoveries in medicine, science and technology. The industry is constantly evolving with new procedures, treatments and medical equipment, their company website needs to evolve with it.
Hopefully these tips will help give you a start on updating your website. If you have any questions or need help with updating your site, feel free to get in touch with us!