It was 2006 and I was in my Journalism 101 class at Ball State when I heard my
professor, Michael Hanley, make a bold statement. “Mobile is going to take over,” he said. At the time when most people had Motorola RAZRs that didn’t do much of anything but look cool, this was hard to believe. Steve Jobs said it perfectly by stating, “everybody hates their phones and that’s not a good thing. And there’s an opportunity there.”
The opportunity was definitely there. Mobile has come a long way since 2006 and has a bright future ahead of itself heading into 2013. Here are a few stats about the future of mobile from our friends at Google:
- By 2013, more people will use their mobile phones than PCs to get online.
- Mobile searches have grown by 4X since 2010.
- There will be one mobile device for every person on earth by 2015.
It is more imperative than ever to have a mobile website to accommodate for the increasing usage of smart phones. Why? Because users expect their mobile experience to be as good as their desktop experience.
Here’s a breakdown of reasons why mobile matters:
- 55% of users that have a bad mobile web experience have a negative overall opinion of the brand.
- 52% of people who encounter a bad mobile page are less likely to engage with the company.
It’s time to make the move to mobile and we’d love to help you. To learn more about optimizing your website for mobile you can visit our website or call NEXTFLY at 317-219-3111.