Creating a website for your business with Phoenix Web Design requires making a few strategic choices. The first decision that needs to be made is how to build the site. Are you going to use a website template or build a custom website?
Website templates have come a long way in the past few years. But is that the best choice for your company? To help you make the right decision, let’s examine some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a website template.
Pros of Using Website Templates
- Set-Up is Fast and Relatively Easy – With a website template, most of the hard work has already been done for you. All you need to do is tweak the template options to meet your company’s needs. This can easily be done in a matter of days or even hours, if you don’t want much customization.
Having a tailor-made website professionally built could take up to a couple of months to complete. If you need to get your company site up and running in a very short period of time, then using a website template might be your best choice.
- What You See Is What You Get – Working with a template takes a bit of the guesswork out of website design. When you hire a professional website designer, you need to describe your vision, goals, and preferences in order for them to build the site. With a pre-built template, you know exactly how the website will look beforehand.
- Website Templates Are Inexpensive – If your company is short on capital, then you’ll probably want to look into using a website template to help you build your website.
Cons of Using Website Templates
- Your Website Isn’t Unique – Using a website template might be fast, cheap, and easy, but it certainly won’t make you unique. Website templates are widely available which means your company will be using the same design as hundreds or even thousands of other people.
If you want the website to reflect your company’s brand image and stand out, then your best choice is to talk to a professional website designer.
- Customization is Limited – Website templates can be customized to help differentiate your company’s site from all the others using the same template, but customization options are limited.
You can only customize website templates to a certain degree, so there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to create the site that you’ve envisioned. When you work with a professional website designer, they can design a custom-tailored website that perfectly meets your company’s needs.
- You Won’t Have Much Support – When you use a website template to create your website, don’t expect to have the original developer available to answer whatever questions you may have. The support that comes with the purchase of a website template is minimal, at best.
If you want to be sure your website stays up and running consistently with support available when needed, then your best bet is to hire a professional designer.
Will a Website Template Work for You?
Website templates offer several advantages over hiring a professional website developer but they’re not for everyone.
For those companies that are short on capital and looking to have a website created quickly at a low cost, then a pre-designed website template is probably the best way to go.
If you want your business website to stand out and you need readily available support for your site, then contact a skilled website designer to help fulfil your company’s needs.